- You’d be working on custom WordPress sites. Ideally, you would be comfortable with front-end pieces as well as complex back-end ones.
- You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we’ll need to do, typically via Zoom.
- You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
- Depending upon the type of work, you’ll either get paid a flat rate on a per-project basis or hourly for any clients we have ongoing support with (particularly those for which the scope is ever-evolving).
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You’re very comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields.
- You’ve built custom Gutenberg blocks.
- You have experience with Twig, even if not in a WordPress setting.
- You are comfortable working with third party APIs like Mailchimp or Google’s APIs.
- You understand how to work with modern web hosts like WPEngine and complex web hosts like Rackspace, are skilled in working with databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
This job IS for you if:
- You’re available during most standard EST hours, as we do have a key client who needs support during that time.
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You are comfortable using Figma, Adobe XD, and Sketch to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least twelve months.
- Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication or daily virtual standups.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Most projects last between 4 and 8 weeks, depending upon the size of the project and the client feedback process.
Be sure to mention the words SNAKE INDICATE DASH when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants.
Salary and compensation
$70,000 — $120,000/year